Life can be stressful at times, especially when your workload is piling up and you have many tasks to complete.
Several small activities can contribute to stress relief and can help calm your mind. You should try these if you have repeated feelings of imminent danger, increased heart rate for long periods, or feelings of hopelessness.
- Do some quick, short bursts of exercise. Examples are running in place, jumping jacks, burpees, or sit-ups. Getting your heart rate up helps to release mood-enhancing neurotransmitters that can help lighten your mood.
- This activity can help increase fresh air intake into the lungs and muscles, ultimately relieving feelings of being overwhelmed.
- Doodle. Remember when you were a kid in class, and you grabbed your pencil and doodled on your notebook? It was such a great feeling to remove yourself from whatever the teacher was talking about, if even just for a brief moment. Try this as an adult. You might be surprised by how easy it is to take a break from everything happening in your mind.
- Pick up a magazine or book. Try reading just a quick story in one of those magazines you have sitting around your house. Doing so change your focus and thought process to help you eliminate those uncomfortable feelings.
- Clean something. Start from top to bottom. Place the focus on that random bathroom or those closet shelves that need organization. This shift can change your thoughts and turn off your mind for just long enough to regain your feelings of control.
For more ideas on how to alleviate stress, click here.
Email us at:
For more health and wellness tips follow us on: