Now that spring is here, everyone wants to be outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. Unfortunately, many people can’t do this because they are fighting off their allergies. Here are some tips to keep your sneezing, congestion, runny nose, and other allergic reactions under control:
- Limit time outside during dry, windy days. Windy days blow a significant amount of pollen into the air. while the air is mostly clear of pollen.
- Avoid being around a lawn and doing other gardening work. These activities stir up allergens, which increases the chances that they will enter your system.
- Monitor your area’s allergen count. When the count is high, take precautions to prevent an allergy attack.
- Keep your indoor air clean. An air purifier removes many allergens from your interior. Instead of opening a window allowing allergens to enter your home and car, use air conditioning in these spaces.
- Use a dehumidifier. A dehumidifier will dry the air and keep allergens at bay. Mold, mildew, and other dust mites thrive in a moist environment.
When these steps and home remedies aren’t getting the job done, contact a doctor for other treatments, such as medications or vaccinations, to alleviate symptoms.
Try incorporating some of these tips to help manage your allergies this spring!