Social Media and Content Writer
Do you crave small team collaboration and having your voice heard? Are you interested in your work delivering results that matter? Would you like to combine your writing skills with your love of food? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
Brock & Company, Inc. is a family-owned company dedicated to the well-being of its employees and customers through nutritious food. With more than 500 associates nationwide, but two dozen in our corporate office, we are a tight-knit group and able to react quickly to our clients’ needs.
We are seeking a Social Media and Content Writer to support our core business initiatives and expand our company’s social media efforts in our Malvern, PA office.
This position will own the social media presence for Brock while executing online brand reputation and community management. This person will also fulfill copywriting requests for traditional and digital marketing executions such as email, press releases, print ads, sales sheets, websites, and more. The types of content you will work on will vary depending on the evolving needs and priorities and will be determined in partnership with the Sales and Marketing team.
Applicants must submit samples of content work including at least one large-format content piece that you’ve authored (e.g., branded white paper, long-format case study, article, etc.) as well as any other pieces of content you would like to feature.
- One to two years of experience in social media, copywriting or marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and WordPress a plus..
- Background working in food a big plus.
- Own the organic social content calendar across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Develop social media posts by drafting copy and selecting images
- Facilitate social media contests and giveaways.
- Promote and engage in online conversations with customers to encourage relationship building.
- Assuage negative feedback with appropriate response protocol to comments, messages or reviews across all digital platforms.
- Report online reviews and feedback from customers to team leaders.
- Research, create, produce, and curate marketing material for internal and external use.
- Must be able to conceptualize copy and content from scratch as well as make existing text stronger and more compelling.
- Work closely with teams to integrate copy length, style, and format with required visuals.
- Can edit, proofread, and provide feedback on all written project deliverables.
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and best practices.
- Able to take key messages and transform them into easy to read stories that connect with our target audience.
- Collaborate with teammates in the marketing department as well as in sales, culinary and purchasing.
- Experienced content writer, excellent understanding of best practices in marketing and SEO.
- Can proofread and catch mistakes in spelling, grammar, and sentence structure.
- Able to work independently while staying on top of deadlines, streamlining processes, and developing a schedule for content delivery.
- Creative, driven and strategic with an ability to see the big picture and take steps to contribute to the goals of the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer // Background Check Required
Benefits include medical and dental, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, life insurance, and optional flexible spending account.
Brock & Company, Inc.
257 Great Valley Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355