Brock & Company, Inc. is the premier provider of contract food management to corporations and private and independent schools throughout the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions and Colorado. We aim to deliver outstanding quality food services exceeding our clients’ expectations every day. With an extensive array of clients, Brock has a formula for success that is simple. We focus on top quality products combined with people who have a passion for food and service. Brock provides a family-owned, corporate supported, financially sound organization that is committed to our clients and associates and is always striving for excellence.
As Executive Chef, you will successfully oversee and manage larger culinary operations and will be expected to meet all company and client expectations. The Executive Chef is responsible for implementing all company marketing programs, policies and procedures. Candidates must possess leadership and problem-solving skills to support team-building, employee development and performance management. Additionally, the positon has complete administrative responsibility for menu development, catering, purchasing, inventory management, maintaining budget adherence, staff hiring and scheduling and payroll management.
- Culinary or Hospitality degree preferred
- Requires at least 7 years of experience and 3-5 years in a management role.
- Must possess business acumen as the position is responsible for delivering food and labor targets. Candidate must understand performance metrics, data, ordering and inventory trends with consistent focus on budget adherence.
- Leadership skills to ensure culinary production appropriately connects to the company program and client expectations. Ensures proper culinary standards and techniques are in place for preparation of food items, including production, presentation and service standards.
- Compliance with ServSafe, occupational and environmental safety polices in all culinary and kitchen operations. Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, wage and hour.
- Full compliance with operational fundamentals: managing waste, standard menus, recipes and ingredients through managing customer driven menus.
- Complete understanding and implementation of internal purchasing standards and expectations.
- Ensure accuracy of estimated food consumption for appropriate requisitions and/or food purchase.
- Full knowledge and implementation of all applicable food safety standards and practices.
- Develop and maintain effective client and customer rapport for a mutually beneficial business relationship.
- Ensure efficient execution and delivery of all food line products in line with the daily menu. Maintain integrity of Brock standards; responsible for maintaining food quality of items at all times.
- Train and manage culinary and kitchen employees to use best practice food production techniques.
- Coaches employees by creating a shared understanding of what needs to be accomplished and how it is to be achieved.
- Rewards and recognize employees. Plan and execute team meetings and daily huddles.
- Complete and maintain all staff records including training records, shift opening/closing checklists and performance data. Multi-tasking as well as the ability to simplify the agenda for the team is a must.
- Ensure proper equipment operation and maintenance.
Equal Opportunity Employer // Background Check Required
Uniform and Meals Provided
Benefits include medical and dental, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, life insurance and optional flexible spending account.
Brock & Company, Inc.
257 Great Valley Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355