Content and Social media Writer
Are you looking for a new role? Do you crave small team collaboration and having your voice heard? Would you like to combine your writing skills with your love of food? If so, we may have the perfect position for you.
Brock & Company, Inc. is a family-owned company dedicated to the well-being of its employees and customers through nutritious food. With more than 500 associates nationwide, but two dozen in our corporate office, we are a tight-knit group and able to react quickly to our clients’ needs.
We are seeking a Content Writer to support our core business initiatives and expand our company’s social media efforts in our Malvern, PA office.
This person will support the sales proposal process along with copywriting requests for traditional and digital marketing executions such as email, press releases, sales sheets, websites, and more. The types of content you will work on will vary depending on the evolving needs and priorities and will be determined in partnership with the Sales and Marketing team. This position will also be responsible for Brock’s social media presence and executing our online brand reputation and community management.
Applicants must submit samples of content work including at least one large-format content piece that you’ve authored (e.g., branded white paper, long-format case study, article, etc.) as well as any other pieces of content you would like to feature.
- Three to five years of experience in writing and editing
- Proven content development and social media experience
- Superior interviewing, writing, copy editing, and proofing skills
- Proficiency in managing website content and social media platforms
- Excellent understanding of best practices in marketing and SEO
- Up-to-date knowledge of digital communications analytical and scheduling tools, social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Experience in food a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and WordPress
- The role requires a combination of project management skills, verbal and written communication capabilities, experience with detailed writing and editing, and the ability to handle multiple deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Work independently but also collaboratively in a team environment; fostering relationships with subject matter experts and Sales to ensure content is complete, accurate, and timely.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the proposals team’s skills working with them to integrate copy length, style, and format with required visuals.
- Must be able to conceptualize copy and content from scratch as well as make existing text stronger and more compelling while transforming key messages into easy to read stories that connect with our target audience.
- Ownership of the social content calendar across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter through drafting copy and selecting images for social media posts.
- Promote and engage in online conversations with customers to encourage relationship building and facilitate social media contests and giveaways.
Equal Opportunity Employer // Background Check Required
Benefits include medical and dental, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, life insurance, and optional flexible spending account.
Brock & Company, Inc.
257 Great Valley Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355