Sales Director/Business Development
Baltimore/Washington DC, Northern Virginia
Brock & Company, Inc. is the premier provider of contract food management to corporations and private and independent schools throughout the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions and Colorado. We aim to deliver outstanding quality food services exceeding our clients’ expectations every day. With an extensive array of clients, Brock has a formula for success that is simple. We focus on top quality products combined with people who have a passion for food and service. Brock provides a family-owned, corporate supported, financially sound organization that is committed to our clients and associates and is always striving for excellence.
Working for Brock will allow you autonomy over your work day as you are not regularly scheduled in an office. Your time is your own, we trust you to be productive. We know that quality of life matters.
Our product is dynamic, we welcome your input and creativity to help drive our business development process. We value your experience and ideas. You have the ability to influence the outcome and we will give you the tools needed to be successful. Our progressive culinary programs have made significant improvements in the daily work lives of our customers and clients. Brock’s ongoing commitment to philanthropy improves our own lives. Just ask and we will gladly share details of our social responsibility partners.
Additional compensation for this position comes in the form of a car allowance and mileage reimbursement. We also provide a laptop computer, cell phone and use of space in the corporate office.
We are seeking a Sales Director for the Baltimore/Washington DC and Northern Virginia marketplace. This position will bring new business opportunities through networking, sales lead development, database management, RFP process and first level relationship building. Additionally, this role assists in developing and facilitating the proposal process including budget and pricing development, proposal writing and client presentations.
Our ideal candidate will have previous territory sales experience within the contract dining, hospitality or tourism industries. Additionally, candidates must possess strong verbal and written communication skills to include boardroom and C-suite level presentation abilities.
- Proven sales experience in contract dining, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors.
- Demonstrable experience in developing client-focused differentiated and achievable solutions.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Preferred candidates will possess experience using salesforce.com.
- Travel required, primarily local during business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand the company’s customer base.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Communicate the outcome of negotiations/proposals back to internal groups, focusing on conveying the expectations set forth for each group, i.e. clear details and critical time frames.
- Participate in site visits.
Benefits include medical and dental, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, life insurance and optional flexible spending account.
Brock & Company, Inc.
257 Great Valley Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355