General Manager, Corporate Dining
Philadelphia Metro Area
Brock & Company, Inc. is the premier provider of contract food management to corporations and private and independent schools throughout the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions and Colorado. We aim to deliver outstanding quality food services exceeding our clients’ expectations every day. With an extensive array of clients, Brock has a formula for success that is simple. We focus on top quality products combined with people who have a passion for food and service. Brock provides a family-owned, corporate supported, financially sound organization that is committed to our clients and associates and is always striving for excellence.
As a member of the Brock team in corporate dining you will experience a work schedule that allows for quality of life. Our food programs are dynamic, the menus cutting edge and creative. We welcome your input to implement, problem-solve and help drive these programs to success. You have the ability to influence the outcome and we will give you the tools needed to be successful. Our programs have made significant improvements in the daily work lives of our customers and clients by providing healthy, nutritious menus at all meals. Brock’s ongoing commitment to philanthropy improves our own lives. Just ask and we will gladly share details of our social responsibility programs and partnerships.
The site is a multi-tenant corporate dining venue in the Philadelphia Metro Area that will serve breakfast and lunch to a population of approximately 1000 people. The General Manager will assume complete responsibility for the oversight and direction of the unit’s dining service operations to include a restaurant quality food program for café service and a robust, upscale catering program. Further, the GM will provide guidance and performance management to the staff including an Executive Chef, Catering Director, Catering Chef and 15-20 hourly people.
This unique opportunity requires a candidate with previous experience in a large, fast-paced corporate dining setting with a demanding catering culture. The General Manager is a highly visible position that will be filled by a candidate with professional personal presentation and excellent communication skills, as they will have daily interaction with the client and customers at all meal periods. Further, successful candidates should have a solid foundation of budget management, working culinary expertise, strong catering management skills and a history of leading culinary and management teams to success.
- Customer-focused, service-oriented, “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent communication skills are required to increase management’s effectiveness with the clients, superiors and subordinates.
- Professional, front of house presentation.
- Problem-solving skills are crucial to analyzing past and current performance and recommending objectives to improve productivity and profitability.
- Decision-making skills are key to weighing the costs and benefits of various options and determining the best course of action to achieve company goals.
- Negotiation and mediation skills are necessary in finding opportunities to resolve conflicts efficiently and favorably.
- 7-10 years of experience in a 1 M+ corporate dining unit or similar venue.
- Hospitality, Marketing or Business Degree preferred.
- Form positive relationships with the clients, in-house population and staff to meet organizational and financial goals.
- Communicate and embody company vision and values.
- Organize and direct all day–to-day business operations, café service activities, catering and special events.
- Management and administration of unit to include budget adherence, purchasing, invoicing, payroll, inventory and reporting.
- Keep a clean and safe work environment and follow all outlined health and safety regulations with regard to food handling, equipment use and personal hygiene.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide additional coaching or support as needed.
- Assess departmental and company performance and devise plans for improvement.
Benefits include medical and dental, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, life insurance, optional flexible spending account and incentive program.
Brock & Company, Inc.
257 Great Valley Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355