Chef, Corporate Dining
Washington, DC Metro Area
Brock & Company, Inc. is the premier provider of contract food management to corporations and private and independent schools throughout the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions and Colorado. We aim to deliver outstanding quality food services exceeding our clients’ expectations every day. With an extensive array of clients, Brock has a formula for success that is simple. We focus on top quality products combined with people who have a passion for food and service. Brock provides a family-owned, corporate supported, financially sound organization that is committed to our clients and associates and is always striving for excellence.
Our food programs are dynamic, the menus cutting edge and creative. We welcome your input to implement, problem-solve and help drive these programs to success. You have the ability to influence the outcome and we will give you the tools needed to be successful. Our programs have made significant improvements in the daily work lives of our customers and clients by providing healthy, nutritious menus at all meals. Brock’s ongoing commitment to philanthropy improves our own lives. Just ask and we will gladly share details of our social responsibility programs and partnerships.
We are seeking a motivated Chef with excellent credentials in menu development, execution and event planning to staff our site in the DC Metro area. The candidate should be a progressive culinarian who will partner with us and ensure our long-term success with the employee population and our client. This highly visible position will be filled by a candidate with professional personal presentation and excellent communication skills, as they will manage a team and have daily interaction with the employees and client at all meal periods. Background in large venue corporate dining (1.5 million in volume) experience is preferred.
This is a unique opportunity for a true culinarian to produce fine dining cuisine at breakfast and lunch in a corporate dining setting. Additionally, there will be regularly scheduled corporate events, meetings and meals prepared for occasional night events.
The Chef will lead the daily culinary operations serving breakfast and lunch and will oversee culinary food production for our catering program. The Chef will have a strong focus on scratch menus, have seasonal food knowledge and prepare high-quality, fresh menu options. Knowledge of international or ethnic cuisines strongly desired. This position will lead a team of Cooks and Prep Staff and will have daily interaction with customers.
- Degree or certification from recognized culinary institution preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in fine dining, high-end catering or executive corporate dining.
- 3-5 years of culinary staff training and development background.
- Previous experience with various culinary programs and a focus on scratch cooking.
- Menu implementation experience – Food Safety Certification.
- A culinary background including knowledge of various international cuisines.
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively.
- Produce highest quality scratch batch cooking with emphasis on current trends and international cuisines.
- Manage ordering and inventory.
- Organize and execute all foods for service for all meal periods.
- Manage and train kitchen staff/delegate tasks/problem-solve.
- Create a positive team environment.
- Incorporate sustainable practices into daily activities.
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards.
- Keep a clean and safe work environment.
Uniform and Meals Provided
Benefits include medical and dental, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, life insurance and optional flexible spending account.
Brock & Company, Inc.
257 Great Valley Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355