Brock & Company, Inc. is the premier provider of contract food management to corporations and private and independent schools throughout the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions and Colorado. We aim to deliver outstanding quality food services exceeding our clients’ expectations every day. With an extensive array of clients, Brock has a formula for success that is simple. We focus on top quality products combined with people who have a passion for food and service. Brock provides a family-owned, corporate supported, financially sound organization that is committed to our clients and associates and is always striving for excellence.
As the Chef Manager, you will be the lead culinary person who is responsible for overseeing all of the culinary operations for any Brock site. As such, the following represents the qualities and expectations necessary for success as a qualified Chef Manager. This position is accountable for menu development, purchasing, receiving, food production, customer service, catering, marketing and administrative duties.
- Previous experience in this position in the industry at a comparable level.
- Ideal candidates will possess two to three years of post-high school education, preferably a culinary degree or certification, and three to five years in a related position with comparable experience.
- Possess required culinary expertise to execute the forecasting, preparation and safe storage of all regular and catering menu items.
- Requires knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession to include food safety, budget management and employee training and development.
- Requires time management, ability to multi-task and problem solve, strong oral, reading and written communication skills.Supervisory experience required as Chef Manager is responsible for performance management, coaching, counseling and hiring.
- Provide leadership, training and oversight for all unit activities to meet organizational and client objectives.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities to include food safety standards and allergen training.
- Weekly purchasing, monthly inventory management and accurate cash handling.
- Select recipes as well as standardize production to deliver consistent quality.
- Establish presentation techniques and quality standards, plan and price menus.
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensures proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
- Administrative duties to include maintaining budgeted food cost and labor cost, ordering and weekly and monthly reporting.
Equal Opportunity Employer // Background Check Required
Uniform and Meals Provided
Benefits include medical and dental, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, life insurance and optional flexible spending account.
Brock & Company, Inc.
257 Great Valley Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355