Chef Manager, Corporate Dining
Brock & Company, Inc. is the premier provider of contract food management to corporations and private and independent schools throughout the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions and Colorado. We aim to deliver outstanding quality food services exceeding our clients’ expectations every day. With an extensive array of clients, Brock has a formula for success that is simple. We focus on top quality products combined with people who have a passion for food and service. Brock provides a family-owned, corporate supported, financially sound organization that is committed to our clients and associates and is always striving for excellence.
We are seeking a motivated Chef Manager with excellent credentials in menu development, execution and event planning to staff our site in the Reading area. The candidate should be a culinarian and skilled manager who will partner with us and ensure our long-term success with the employee population and our client. The candidate will fill this highly visible position with professional personal presentation and excellent communication skills, as they manage a team and have daily interaction with customers at all meal periods. Background in fast-paced corporate dining preferred.
The Chef Manager will lead the daily culinary operations serving breakfast and lunch and will oversee culinary food production for our catering program. Additionally, the Chef Manager will have a strong focus on budget adherence with an emphasis on controlling food and labor costs. The Chef Manager must have strong leadership skills as they will manage the activities and output of the hourly staff. Further, they will provide coaching, counseling and training to hourly associates.
- Bachelor degree from recognized culinary institution preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in catering, banquets or corporate dining.
- 3-5 years of culinary staff training and development background.
- Previous experience with various culinary programs and a focus on food safety and sanitation.
- Menu implementation experience – Food Safety Certification.
- A culinary background including knowledge of various international cuisines.
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively.
- Produce highest quality scratch batch cooking with an emphasis on current trends and international cuisines.
- Manage ordering and inventory.
- Organize and execute all foods for service for all meal periods.
- Manage and train kitchen staff/delegate tasks/problem solve.
- Create positive team environment.
- Incorporate sustainable practices into daily activities.
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards.
- Keep a clean and safe work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer // Background Check Required
Uniform and Meals Provided
Benefits include medical and dental, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, life insurance and optional flexible spending account.
Brock & Company, Inc.
257 Great Valley Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355