Assistant General Manager, Private Boarding School
Brock & Company, Inc. is the premier provider of contract food management to corporations and private and independent schools throughout the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions and Colorado. We aim to deliver outstanding quality food services exceeding our clients’ expectations every day. With an extensive array of clients, Brock has a formula for success that is simple. We focus on top quality products combined with people who have a passion for food and service. Brock provides a family-owned, corporate supported, financially sound organization that is committed to our clients and associates and is always striving for excellence.
We are recruiting for an Assistant General Manager (non-culinary) to staff a position in our private schools division at a location in Ashburnham, MA. This tier 1 school serves 380 high school students and 170 faculty and administrative staff, breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. There is a robust catering culture at this site. It is a salaried management position for 42 weeks.
The Assistant General Manager will assume responsibility for the oversight and direction of all the school’s catering service operations. Which includes managing multiple events regularly such as inter-departmental service, parent’s weekend, alumni events, fundraising dinners, cocktail parties, sporting and holiday events. The position is will ensure faculty, staff, parental and student customer satisfaction as well as the achievement of client financial objectives.
Front of house management activities include oversight of dining room service and communication with the food production staff to ensure seamless and satisfying delivery.
Technological skills will be necessary as the Assistant General Manager will be responsible for management of digital menu screens, printing nutritional signage, managing schedules, invoices and other administrative duties.
- 5-7 years of high volume management experience in a university or private school setting, hotels, or high end hospitality industry venues in excess of $2M.
- Hospitality degree/certificate preferred.
- Proven attention to detail in executing and delivering to exact specifications.
- Excellent references and solid work history necessary.
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively.
- Demonstrate exemplary attention to detail and ability to manage multiple events.
- Accuracy with regard to menu items ordered and timely delivery, set-up and break down.
- Develop client and customer relationships.
- Manage the team and daily events.
- Deliver budgeted financial results.
- Impress clients with an outstanding catering program.
- Create a positive team environment.
- Manage ordering and inventory for department needs.
- Assist in managing, training, coaching and counseling staff.
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards.
- Incorporate sustainable practices into daily activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer // Background Check Required
Benefits include medical and dental, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, life insurance and optional flexible spending account.
Brock & Company, Inc.
257 Great Valley Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355